"Napa Valley" Brocken InaGlory. Licensed. Creative Commons CC BY-SA 3.0
Q introduces us to two new characters, Billy and Jen.
- As a youth did (do) you have a place to go beyond your home where adults welcomed you and took you seriously? If so, talk some about that. If not, did this feel like a loss . . . or was it a non-issue?
- Do you resonate with Billy or Jen in terms of some of your family-of-origin dynamics? If there's a sufficient level of trust in the group's confidentiality, share some of this with one another.
- Is "sacrifice" a word you have negative or mixed feelings about? Say some more.
- On page 122 Margaret responds to Jen and Billy's empathic embrace. What do you think of her words to them?
- It might be interesting to compare and contrast The Seven Deadly (or Deadlier) Sins with Gandhi's Seven Social Sins. Or is that a project for a doctoral thesis?